We at Make it Tik are committed to protecting your privacy.
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains how themoonlab B.V. under the trade-name “Make it Tik”, (“Make it Tik”) uses personal information (“Personal Information”) and applies to all users (“users”) who access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with https://www.makeittik.io (the “Site”). By visiting the Site, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to the Make it Tik practices, do not access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with the Site. If you have any questions or comments concerning Make it Tik’s Privacy Statement, please contact us by sending an email to contact (at) makeittik.io
Our Privacy Statement is organized as follows:
- Personal Information Make it Tik gathers
- How Make it Tik Collects Personal Information
- How Make it Tik Uses Personal Information
- When and Why Make it Tik Discloses Personal Information
- Personal Information Retention
- Tracking Technologies
- Choice and Control
- Security of Personal Information
- EU Data Subject Rights
- Withdrawing Consent
- Privacy Practices of Third Parties
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
1) Personal Information Make it Tik gathers
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. Make it Tik collects the following types of Personal Information:
Contact Information. Contact Information allows Make it Tik to communicate with you. Examples of Contact Information include, but are not limited to, your name, accurate postal addresses, valid email address, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Make it Tik. Make it Tik may also request demographic contact information including, but not limited to, your job title, job function, and corporate title.
Transaction Information. Make it Tik automatically receives and records some information from your browser when you visit the site, such as your IP address, cookies and data about which pages you visit on the site through the use of log files provided by our third-party tracking-utility partners. This information helps Make it Tik analyze and understand how the site works for users. Information that is gathered includes, but is not limited to, information about how you interact with Make it Tik, information about how you use Make it Tik’s Sites, email, other communications, and applications, and how you interact with other users and Make it Tik business partners.
Mobile Location Information. If you have permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data, Make it Tik collects Mobile Location.
Posted Information. If you chose to post a comment on Make it Tik’s blog, Make it Tik may collect information regarding your name and the content of your post. It is important to note that any content you post on the blog is publicly displayed and will be seen by other users of the Site.
2) How Make it Tik Collects Personal Information
Make it Tik gathers Personal Information in the following ways:
If and when you are prompted and to provide Personal Information (including Contact Information) when you use Make it Tik or otherwise interact with the Site or contact Make it Tik.
If and when you contact Make it Tik via telephone, email, or other methods of communication.
Lawful basis for Make it Tik’s processing of your Personal Information:
As applicable, the following is the lawful basis Make it Tik relies on to process your Personal Information:
Legitimate Interest means the interest of Make it Tik in conducting and managing its business to enable it to give you best service/product and the most optimized and secure interaction. Make it Tik makes sure to weigh any potential Make it Tik on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before Make it Tik processes your Personal Information for its legitimate interest. Unless Make it Tik has your consent or is otherwise required or permitted to by law, it will not use your Personal Information for activities where your interest overrides Make it Tik’s interests.
3) How Make it Tik Uses Personal Information
Make it Tik may use Personal Information to enhance to enhance your user experience, to help Make it Tik better understand you, to help Make it Tik customize offers, blog topics, or posts that may be of interest to you, and to help Make it Tik otherwise enhance the Site.
Make it Tik uses Personal Information to:
- Identify and authenticate users;
- Facilitate transactions;
- Operate and improve the Site;
- Connect with you on social media (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter);
- Contact you by phone or email;
- Personalize and continually improve users’ Make it Tik experience;
- Provide you with suggested information based on variables such as stated preferences, interests, business activities, and/or location;
- Send you technical notices, updates, alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Evaluate additional services, items, or offerings that may be of interest to users;
- Track transactions and perform other analytics;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Make it Tik partners or third parties; and
4) When and Why Make it Tik Discloses Personal Information
Make it Tik will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your explicit consent, except as specified in this Privacy statement. Make it Tik will disclose your Personal Information when:
- Working with companies and service providers (i.e. HubSpot, Salesforce.com, or other companies that process billing, website hosting, or analytics performance in furtherance of the purposes described in Section 3 (“How Make it Tik Uses Personal Information”) above.
- Make it Tik employs other companies to perform tasks on Make it Tik’s behalf and therefore Make it Tik must share your Personal Information with these companies to provide services to you. Examples include but are not limited to processing payments, handling billing disputes and collections, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and providing customer service. Make it Tik may partner with third-party services for fraud prevention and/or identity verification.
- Enforcing Make it Tik’s rights or protect Make it Tik property and intellectual property;
- Protecting the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request.
- Make it Tik believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss.
- Make it Tik believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to commence an investigation or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud.
- Make it Tik believes in good faith that it must disclose such information per auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
- Make it Tik believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to defend Make it Tik in litigation or a regulatory action.
- Make it Tik believes in good faith that it must disclose such information, or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
Make it Tik will not sell your Personal Information to third parties unless Make it Tik is in the process of entering into a merger with another business, acquisition of another business, or the sale of all or a portion of Make it Tik’s assets and the information is needed to support the sale or transfer of business assets.
This Privacy Statement only governs when and why Make it Tik discloses Personal Information. This Privacy Statement does not apply to the practices of third parties that Make it Tik does not own or control, or individuals that Make it Tik does not employ or manage. The use of your Personal Information by third parties that you access through the Site is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to Make it Tik’s control. Make it Tik is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of other websites on the Internet, even those linked to or from the Make it Tik Site. Make it Tik encourages you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
Make it Tik may disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, Make it Tik may provide our partners, (such as HubSpot or Salesforce.com), or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about Make it Tik users.
5) Personal Information Retention
To determine the appropriate retention period, Make it Tik considers the type and volume of the information, the negatives that can result from un-permitted access to such information, why Make it Tik gathers such information and the availability of achieving the goals of such gathering through alternative means.
6) Tracking Technologies – Indirect Data Collection
7) Choice and Control
While Make it Tik does need to gather certain information to make your Make it Tik experience personalized and to conduct transactions for you, Make it Tik wants to give you the ability to control how your information is provided and shared.
- Email Preferences. For various reasons, Make it Tik may contact you about our services or your activity.
If you would like to decline cooking tracking, you can manage how your browser handles cookies and other tracking devices by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your browser. If accessing Make it Tik by a mobile device, you may manage the information your mobile device shares, such as cookies, tracking technologies, and location information, by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings.
8) Security of Personal Information
Make it Tik strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, however, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and therefore Make it Tik cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information. Make it Tik strives to maintain a system that reasonably safeguards Personal Information and has put in place appropriate security measures to accomplish the foregoing.
9) EU Data Subject Rights
In certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Information:
- Request access to your Personal Information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information Make it Tik holds about you and to check that Make it Tik is lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Information. This enables Make it Tik to have any incomplete or inaccurate data held about you corrected, though Make it Tik may need to verify the accuracy of the new data provided.
- Request erasure of Personal Information. This enables you to ask Make it Tik to delete or remove Personal Information where there is no good reason for Make it Tik continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask Make it Tik to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where Make it Tik may have processed your information unlawfully or where Make it Tik is required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that Make it Tik may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to gathering of your Personal Information where Make it Tik is relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to gathering on this ground as you feel it infringes on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where Make it Tik is gathering your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, Make it Tik may demonstrate that it has compelling legitimate grounds to gather your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of gathering of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask Make it Tik to suspend the gathering of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want Make it Tik to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where Make it Tik’s use of the data is unlawful but you do not want Make it Tik to erase it; (c) where you need Make it Tik to hold the data even if Make it Tik no longer requires it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to Make it Tik’s use of your data but Make it Tik needs to verify whether it has overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or to a third party. Make it Tik will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for Make it Tik to use or where Make it Tik used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where Make it Tik is relying on consent to gather your Personal Information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any gathering carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, Make it Tik may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. Make it Tik will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
10) Withdrawing Consent
If Make it Tik is relying on your consent for certain activities, you have the right to withdraw you sent at any time by contacting Make it Tik at firstname.lastname@example.org
11) Privacy Practices of Third Parties.
This Privacy Statement describes the collection, use, and disclosure of information by Make it Tik through the Site. Make it Tik utilizes third parties to provide services to users and also provides links from the Site to other websites. These third parties may have their own privacy policies and may collect, use, and distribute information differently than Make it Tik. Make it Tik encourages all users to read the privacy policies of all third parties.
12) Changes to this Privacy Statement
Make it Tik may, from time to time, in Make it Tik’s sole, absolute, and unfettered discretion, update this Privacy Statement to clarify its practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices. Make it Tik encourages all users to periodically review the Privacy Statement. You are bound by any changes to the Privacy Statement when you use the Site after such changes have been first posted.
If you have questions or suggestions, you may contact Make it Tik by sending an email to contact (at) makeittik.io